Explore

Monday, February 4, 2013

Featured Author Mondays - Rebecca Myers

 Happy Monday, everyone! While we're all yawning and stretching and hopefully thanking our lucky stars we lived to wake up and read this blog post, there aren't many of us who can say they died and came back. So, I knew it would be an honor to be able to feature one Rebecca Myers, a woman who has died, gone to heaven, and returned. Want to find out more? Check out her links below and since you're here, you might as well read on as well!

    Facebook
    Twitter
    Rebecca's Website
    Goodreads

In her own words:
I am married, mother of two and just discovered how much I enjoy writing. Notice, I said writing, not editing or correcting.
I love to cook (I am a creole cook not too much cajun cooking) and make crafts when possible. Love my church and Jesus. I am so thankful that I know Him.
I'm originally from New Orleans, LA grew up in main stream NO until I was 14 then moved to Metairie a little town right outside of New Orleans. Before marrying my sweetie I lived in Slidell, LA for approximately four years until moving to Milton, FL. I miss the New Orleans food, not the crime.

If you are interested in Rebecca Myer's book My Journey To Heaven And Back check it out on Amazon.com or Barnes&Noble.com. In the meantime, might I interest you with the book's description?

“My Journey To Heaven And Back” is about a near death experience and a very inspiring love story. Rebecca’s encounter with death started because of surgery. All seemed fine and going as planned, but on the second day Rebecca suddenly stopped breathing. Her husband at her bedside immediately went for help. Staff arrived and “a code” was started. While staff was trying to revive Rebecca with medical interventions, her husband, Gene, was outside in another area pleading and praying for God’s divine intervention.
Gene’s pleas and prayers did not get unnoticed. His love reached into eternity and Rebecca heard his pleas. Would she decide to return to the love of her life or stay in a peaceful love filled atmosphere she recognized as “heaven”? Not an easy decision.
Rebecca takes the reader on a journey of her life in which there were other times she eluded death. Her book was written to inspire those who are afraid to die. Death is a reality that everyone will face. How we face it is up to us. It is her hope and desire that no one will fear death after reading her descriptive and inspiring story of her near death experience.

 I asked Rebecca a few questions. Here they are along with her answers.

 1)Tell us about yourself.
Hi, I'm Rebecca D. Myers, originally from New Orleans, LA. Moved to Florida in 1985 when I married Gene. I am a mother of two, happily married for over 28 years to the sweetest, kindest, and most loveable man I know and a brand new grandmother to one adorable grandson four months old now. I returned back to college in my late thirties and received my R.N. degree. I am retired now and working on my second book. I love to cook New Orleans creole food. I loved to do crafts but because of illness cannot do what I used to do. I used to love making home made gifts for people. I got such an enjoyment out of making my own gifts and cards. But, now onto better things.

2)What inspired you to become an author?
I was inspired to become an author when I discovered I had to write my second book, first. Let me explain. I was writing a book on my abuse when on October 30, 2010 I died, went to heaven and back. That's why I was compelled to write "My Journey To Heaven And Back". I wanted to ease the fear of death. I certainly had a fear of the unknown. Now, I have peace knowing the death is swift. My Journey to Heaven and Back is more than a near death experience, it is a story of survival of abuse and a true love story.

3)Which of your books is your favorite?

 Since I only have one book out at this time "My Journey To Heaven And Back" would have to be my favorite book.

4)What was your biggest challenge/triumph as an author?
My biggest triumph as an author would be the fact that I did everything myself to get my book on the market. That includes the cover (with the aid of photographer and daughter), all the ebook formats that you can think of and getting it to print. This was my first endeavor and I believe it turned out very nicely.

5)What are your plans for 2013?


My biggest triumph as an author would be the fact that I did everything myself to get my book on the market. That includes the cover (with the aid of photographer and daughter), all the ebook formats that you can think of and getting it to print. This was my first endeavor and I believe it turned out very nicely.

 And, she had some very sweet words for me which I'd like to share with you: "Thank you so much for having me and I hope to gain friendships. Also, I hope readers will pick up their copy of my book today. God Bless."

Did you like what you read here? Then, you should follow all the links provided in this post. It's your only chance to read up on a new author and continue adding to your book collection. You do have one, don't you? See you around! Thank you for joining me for yet another Featured Author Monday!

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing topic for a book! Glad you are here to tell the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I followed a link on FB. What an amazing authro, book and topic. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share it with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Virginia! It was my pleasure!

      Delete

Please comment relevantly and thoughtfully.