Explore

Monday, January 14, 2013

Featured Author Mondays - Jenna Roads

 From now on until further notice I will be featuring an author every Monday. The person who has the honor to start this wonderful adventure off is Jenna Roads. If you've never heard of her, you should quickly check out the links below. Each one will direct you to places where you can get filled in on who this indie author is.
In her own words: I am a Registered Nurse who is now devoting my time to writing fiction, reading, making scrapbooks, taking pictures, traveling and enjoying family and friends. I am a mother of two. When I'm not writing I'm dreaming up characters for my next book. I love cotton nighties and comfortable shoes. My dream is to one day have an island of my very own where I can hold up there and write until my hearts content.

If you are interested in Jenna Road's book 'Under a Painted Sky' check it out on Amazon.com. In the meantime, might I interest you with the book description?

Isabella Reed is a fast-track twenty one year old from a small Florida town. She flees to the Land of Enchantment, Albuquerque, NM, where the beautiful painted skies go on forever and hold hope for a fresh start. She meets Logan Hayes, a sexy guide who has been hired to show her all the sights of her new city. But something happens to Isabella that she is unaware of when touring the Petroglyphs and her life takes a downward spiral into a supernatural captivity that no one will believe. Except for Logan, who after seeing for himself vows to protect her with his life.

 I asked Jenna a few questions. Here they are along with her answers.


Image of Jenna Roads
1)Tell us about yourself.
I am a nurse who has taken a leave of absence from that to pursue my passion. I love to read, write, travel, scrapbook, ride my bike and take pictures. I love music and spending time with my family.

2)What inspired you to become an author?
I dreamed of it when I was somewhat younger, but decided I couldn't give up my day job.My situation changed and my daughter inspired me to go for it.

3)Which of your books is your favorite?
I think I would have to say 'Under A Painted Sky' because it is the catalyst that started the series.
I am so excited writing this next book entering new territory and building on the characters and adding new ones.

4)How would you describe your relationship with your characters?
My relationship is one of amazement. I will have it in my head that it should happen one way and as I am writing they just kind of takeover and it becomes totally different, but better.

5)What was your biggest challenge/triumph as an author?
My biggest challenge is staying off of Facebook so I can write.
I need to find some kind of balance.

6)What are your plans for 2013?
I am writing the second book in the Spirit Warrior Series called "Through The Eyes Of Love'

7)Which is harder to create: villain or hero?
I would say hero because there is a fine line to walk with having the hero not be too good to be true.

Did you like what you read here? Yes? Oh, you have to say yes! Because now that you've read this post, you have no choice but to go and purchase a copy of this book. And you can't say I'm asking you to do too much because I purchased it myself and read it. So go, what are you waiting for? Get a good read and support an author!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me on your blog Murasaki. I am so honored to be the first! I appreciate your sacrifice of time in posting and reviewing my book as well. It meant the world to me. Thanks Again,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jenna, you're welcome! It took time but I think it was worth it! And how did you find out about my reviewing your book so fast?

      Delete
  2. Wonderful blog! went to all your links Jenna, Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Congratulations on your book again, Jenna!!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment relevantly and thoughtfully.